Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Week Minded 1

Because my brain is a sieve and my mind is illusional, here goes one week of diary-ing my eating and working out habits.

The goal: Workout every day. No coffee, no dairy, no wheat, no sugar, very little alcohol.

Calling anyone out there who's on his/her way to accomplishing something: start journaling.

Whether it's losing the 27 pounds of baby weight you gained and never lost, getting ahead in your job or finding spiritual harmony, integrity of your word will get you there.

Tuesday, July 4:
The Workout
6:45 am
Triceps, shoulders, back, abs (100 crunches on the ball), 40 push-ups, 30 minutes on elliptical trainer at 4 (only).

Did what I've been meaning to do for months now: cardio apres weights—finally, I felt something. I started off saying I'd just do 10 minutes of cardio. At 15, my endorphins kicked in. After 30 minutes I could have kept going, but I felt pressure (from myself) to come home to see what was up. Nothing was up. Babe and babe were sleeping. Babe had a late night of work and babe had a late night of identifying every noise outside her window.

Back later to report on the food.

The Food
8:30: Three egg white omelette with mushrooms and spinach. Had to order some salsa. Underestimated the role that cheese plays in making things taste good. Hot green tea. Ate half only—it's definitely not a trigger food. Had stand-off with babe's freshly baked blueberry muffin. I won. (Hear: Shot down in a blaze of glory)

9:00: Supplements: One acidophilus, one whole nutrient multi, two B, one magnesium, one tbsp flax with Omegas 3, 6, 9.

10:38: Not hungry.

1:00: Patron Silver margarita (it is July 4th), four shrimp, salad with chicken and tomatoes. 1/4 of babe's French fry. Patron Silver margarita (did I mention it's a holiday?)

4:00: Realize I should have started my week tomorrow. Corn chips and salsa. Lots. Weak.

7:00: One slice of flat bread pizza, three sips of Coke, four spoonfuls of ice cream. Am I crazy?
I never drink Coke and I rarely eat ice cream. What the hell happened?

Opponent 1 Jillian 0

No comments: