Saturday, June 28, 2008

Starman

Wake up: Officially 7:23 am, though I'd been up on and off since 4.
Slept for: About 7 hours
First thought was: How old was Scarlett when she was able to suck her thumb? I wonder if I wrote it in her book. I sucked at writing things in her book.
Baby was: Trying to suck his thumb.
This was: Loud.
Daughter was: In our bed but only since 6:30.
This was: Super fantastico! She slept in her bed for the whole night again.
Man was: Awake-ish.
This was: Good—he can feed the baby then.
Emails to check: 44
Goal for the day: Do a few hours of work (and actually accomplish something) and spend some time with my peeps sans thinking about work.
Kabbalah says: "When we receive something for nothing, we feel a certain degree of resentment or unworthiness."
First bananas thought: I am going to write a book called Mom in Progress about what really happens when you get pregnant, including such truths as you go through a period of time during which you think you are totally screwed.
Arrive at gym: Not yet. Forward to 8:41 pm, I am just about to put on my gym clothes to hustle over for an hour-ish of cardio. I decided to check their website to make sure they're open until 10 and I discovered that they close at 6. Who closes at 6? Losers. Or am I a mega loser for going to the gym on a Saturday night? Tough one, huh?
Weight is: Hmmm....
Weight to lose: Half an Olsen.
Workout is: For now: push-ups, lunges and dips in the house. Push-ups a great whole-body workout, by the way. I do twenty each hour for a few hours in the middle of the day. I'm working up to 50 each time.
Today's song is: Starman by David Bowie
Because: There's something about the verses that reminds me of hanging out just at that time when the night tips from acceptable to a bit depraved; when you sink a little lower into the banquette and start to become one with the scene.
Best lyric is: Didn't know what time it was, the lights were low oh oh
I leaned back on my radio oh oh

Best spam subject line: Stalin took pills two time per day before food.
I want: To not feel so groggy. Man, just two drinks over four hours and I'm dull.
I love: My daughter.
I wish: Madonna was my friend.
I am totally, majorly obsessing over: My roots.
Being a mom means: Gently picking up your now-sleeping two-month old's head when it flops down in his little swing.
Being a wife means: Remembering.
Being a business owner means: Obsession.
Today I ate: C+. Word to you mothers: Don't buy the Whole Foods little meringue cookies. 17 have 120 calories and no fat but a ton of sugar. And believe me, you will eat all 17.
Today I drank: Water.
Heard at my dinner table: Mmmm...this is dul-licious, as said about salmon, brown rice and vegetables. Score one for me.
Work was: Still in progress.
I am: Still high on sugar.
Tomorrow I will: Proact.

No comments: