Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm an Ordinary Guy

Wednesday, June 25

Wake up: 6:30 am
Slept for: I have absolutely no idea.
First thought was: Good lord, it's sunny.
Baby was: About to wake up.
This was: Fine.
Daughter was: Fast asleep—in our bed.
This was: Same as it ever was.
Man was: Sleeping not so soundly.
This was: A shame since he went to bed so late because he was working on our July issue.
Emails to check: I forgot to pay attention, but I know it was less than yesterday.
Goal for the day: To not stress out over all the things I'd like to accomplish.
Kabbalah says: Don't react.
First saving-the-world thought: We could really leverage THE FAMILY GROOVE to do some good. I think I'll write a book called Keep It Simple, Sister on how to eliminate chaos from your life in order to create success.
First bananas thought: I'll promote the book on Larry King. It's doable.
Arrive at gym: 7:23
Weight is: No time to check.
Weight to lose: Probably about the same as yesterday.
Workout is: 30 minutes, 310 calories burned, heart rate up to 140.
Today's song is: Burning Down the House by Talking Heads
Best lyric is: "Watch out! You might get what you're after."
Best spam subject line: I freaked her out with this thing
I want: Someone else to put sunscreen on my three year old so I don't have to stop working.
I love: The sounds I hear from my office
I wish: I had an assistant.
I am totally, majorly obsessing over: The half of Pop Tart I ate for no reason.

Check back later for the rest!

Being a mom means: Infrequent showers
Being a wife means: Caring more about showering.
Being a business owner means: Staying in the ring.
Today I ate: Well. I didn't even use up all of my points, but I still ate too much sugar. Sugar is the devil. I was craving something sweet, so I would up eating three tablespoons of strawberry jelly. Hello! Why not just eat three tablespoons of straight sugar?
Today I drank: Two measly 10-ounce glasses of water and way too much coffee.
Heard at my dinner table: "Deal with it," as said by my three year old.
Work was: Productive. The new issue is live and super mega fabulous.
I am: Sitting in a towel with my wet, uncombed hair dripping onto my office chair—because I was anxious to do a few things for work now that the little people are sleeping and, apparently, the three minutes it takes to dry off and comb my hair was just too long.
Tomorrow I will: Drink more water, eat less jelly, do the elliptical for ten more minutes and be more grateful.

No comments: