Friday, August 01, 2008

Burning Down the House

Wake up: 6:20 am
Slept for: Almost 7 hours
First thought is: I need to drink more water today.
Baby is: Laughing when Scarlett gets in trouble.
This is: The start of an interesting dynamic.
Daughter is: Taking hours to eat her breakfast. It's a control drama. It will pass I know, but it takes every ounce of patience and fortitude to not freak out at her and instead remain calm but stern.
This is: Tiring. I am actually tired from this morning's hour long misadventure.
Man is: Not looking so great. He just looks tired and worn out.
This is: From working too much, stress and eating too much sugar. That's going to stop.
Goal for the day: Do laundry, which is a big goal because my dryer broke again and so I have to do it at my mom's house, work and finish the cleanse, aka not eat for the fifth and final day.
Kabbalah says: Get rid of the word "should." It has nothing to do with intention and intention is key.
First bananas thought: I am going to majorly, totally clean every ounce of the kitchen—as thought in a most obsessive, this-has-to-be-done-so-I-can-breathe way.
Arrive at gym: 7:00 am
Workout is: Brief. I chatted with a friend on the way in, which ate up 5 minutes and I needed to be home by 7:35 at the latest to get Scarlett ready for camp. Sometimes 5 minutes makes a difference, though you have to think that there was a higher purpose to the 5 minute exchange that superseded the extra 5 on the Precor.
Today's song is: Burning Down the House by Talking Heads
Best lyric is: Watch out, you might get what you're after
Best spam subject line: No great line but great sender name: Yarbrough T. Willard.
It's the best because: It sounds a name Homer would make up for a detective.
I want: Grains and steamed vegetables. Seriously. This cleanse has kicked out all sugar and crap food cravings.
I love: That you can always start from one.
I wish: All of the evening's household to-dos were done. There should be someone who comes in at 5, feeds your kids, bathes them, reads to them, puts them to sleep and straightens up the house—not every night, but at least three. I guess that's kind of what grandparents do, maybe minus the cleaning.
I am totally, majorly obsessing over: The pile on the right-hand side of my desk. Bad feng shui! Bad!
Being a mom means: Getting up periodically to coax my son back to sleep.
Being a wife means: Fighting to keep your eyes open at 10:30.
Being a business owner means: Friday night meetings, per usual. Amy did the cleanse, too. She now looks 18.
Out of the mouths of babes: "Whatchu mean?" This is her new catch phrase. It's very Arnold.
Today I ate: Day five of the Blueprint Cleanse. I couldn't finish any of the drinks. I just couldn't stomach them. It wasn't the not eating that was difficult, it was drinking of the same six tonics day in and day out. It worked though. I look great. I am not sure how much weight I lost because I didn't weigh myself until Tuesday. I do know that I lost 4 pounds between Tuesday morning and Friday morning. It's actually relatively high in calories (1700 per day),so it's not necessarily designed for weight loss. It's more for real, hard core cleansing. I can totally see it in my face and skin. Bad digestion shows up on your face. My pores are invisible now and my skin is glowing. For real. And the best part is that I don't crave any bad foods. All I want is brown rice and steamed vegetables—and, man, how I want it!
Today I drank: 6 cleansing tonics, water, tea.
Work was: A blur.
Today I learned: You have to push yourself. Once you make the decision to push through, you'll have the energy to do it.
I am: Going to get the tea that's been sitting on my kitchen counter since 8, going to fold a basket of laundry that's been sitting next to my bed since Wednesday, going to find a new home for my pocket book innards (I threw out my purse. It was Prada and it was fab, but it had seen better days. It was way, way old and held too much energy now).
Tomorrow I will: Use a new purse. New purse. New energy.

No comments: